We've had a great trip so far. the drive went quite well - 8 hours and three pit stops. And Kaitlyn stayed dry the whole way. And she's stayed dry overnight the past two nights. I think we're there. Not that there won't still be accidents. But she's finally made the decision to stay dry, and I am SO glad.
We spent the past couple days exploring around Mema and Bebop's house. Playing ball in the backyard, exploring through the woods adjacent to their backyard, and learning to ride the scooter (like a razr, but with two wheels in the back for stability). She's REALLY liking that.
And I have been REALLY liking the extra sleep. The first morning, she slept til 8:30, then I sent her to Mema and Bebop, and I got another hour after that. And today we both slept until 9:20! I was shocked! And Rick said Zach was up today at 6:30. And that means tomorrow with time change, he may be up as early as 5:30. I sure picked a good weekend to come here.
I do miss my sweet boy. Rick says he's fine, playing hard with Daddy. I guess so, because Rick got him to take 2 1-1/2 hour naps today, and he still went out before 7. I miss Zach terribly, but I'm thankful that while he misses me, he probably doesn't grasp how long I've been gone. I just hope our reunion goes well. I've heard stories that go both way, so I'm hoping for the good.
It's been refreshing being here, spending time with old friends (I may soon have to find another way to express that sentiment, as mid-life is quickly drawing near!). And being in a different routine for a few days. I know Kaitlyn is enjoying it greatly too, and that's the most important part! And it's always good to get to spend a few days with Mom and Dad, no matter how old I am.
Cream Puff Squares
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment