After the parade, the town of Jonesborough hosts a fair - all kinds of fun stuff... and of course, funnel cakes and other fair food. We added to the sugar fest that night with a campfire and s'mores.
Saturday we played around the house, and Kaitlyn decided Isaac was her prince... if he was not by her side, she'd go running around looking for him, saying, "Where's my prince?"
That night we headed to our church - it hosts a festival in the parking lot, prior to the fireworks that are just across the street. So good music, food, face-paint, several bounce house thingies, and other activities are all free to the community. As it got dark, the guys took Zach home, and the rest of us found our blanket, and thanks to some sidewalk chalk, Hannah introduced Kaitlyn to hopscotch.
I was pleasantly suprised that Kaitlyn didn't get freaked out by the fireworks, since she tends to be so sensitive to loud noises (never mind that she's one the loudest children I know). I figured Isaac and Hannah's presence would be a distraction and comfort to her, and it did seem to work that way. The ride home was surprisingly quiet as the kids wound down and easily passed out. A whirlwind weekend, to be sure, and Lori and I were able to grab a few quiet minutes to catch up too. I'm so glad God brought her into my life! What a precious friend!
The rest of July brought more fun...
Ohio Mema and Bebop brought Kaitlyn a new Cinderella dress...
Zach had a swingin' good time at our family reunion.






No comments:
Post a Comment